Yes, you can screen mirror without Wi-Fi on a Samsung Smart TV. Screen mirroring on any smart TV typically requires Wi-Fi. However, if you have a USB-C to HDMI cable, or a third-party app or Wi-Fi Direct, you can use them to screen mirrors on Samsung smart Tv. But screen mirroring is usually smoother with WiFi and wired connection. Besides that, there are more methods you can use. Let’s talk about them.
Table of Contents
How To Mirror An Android Phone/Tablet To Samsung Smart Tv Without Wifi?
You can still mirror your Android phone to your Samsung Smart TV without Wi-Fi. Most people do it over Wi-Fi, but let’s explore other ways to mirror your screen without it.
USB-C to HDMI Adapter
You can connect your laptop or Android phone to any smart TV with a USB-C to HDMI adapter. The adapter converts USB-C signals to HDMI signals. Using it, you can mirror or extend your device’s screen onto any Samsung smart Tv.
- Compatible phone and TV
- Android phone with USB-C port
- USB-C to HDMI Adapter
- Samsung Smart TV with HDMI input
- TV remote control
- Connect your Android phone to the USB-C end of the adapter.
- Plug the HDMI end of the cable into a Samsung Smart TV HDMI port.
- Open your phone’s notification panel and tap “Screen mirroring”.
- If you don’t receive any notification, go to the settings of your Samsung tv. And Switch your TV’s input to the appropriate HDMI source.
- Permit your phone. Now your phone’s screen will be mirrored on the Samsung Smart TV.
When To Use Adapter
- Have limited or unreliable Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Want a reliable and stable connection for screen mirroring?
- Prefer a direct, wired connection
- Like to ensure minimal latency and optimal video quality.
You can also use Wi-Fi Direct to mirror your Android screen without using Wi-Fi on your phone. Wi-Fi Direct lets devices connect and communicate directly. It works without Wi-Fi. You can cast anything from your phone to your Samsung Smart Tv even Netflix.
- Android phone with Wi-Fi Direct support
- Samsung Smart TV with Wi-Fi Direct support
- On your remote, press Home.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network>Wi-Fi Direct.
- Turned on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Direct.
- In the device list, you should see your TV.
- Click on the TV name to connect.
- After connecting, you should see a screen mirroring notification on your TV.
When To Use Wifi Direct
- Don’t have a Wi-Fi network.
- Don’t have internet
- Want a peer-to-peer connection?
- Prefer a quick and hassle-free setup.
Google Chromecast is a basic digital media player. You can stream audio and video from your phone to your Smart TV. with it.
- Chromecast device
- A compatible phone or tablet
- Google Home app installed on your casting device.
Chromecast supports screen mirroring without Wi-Fi. You will need to use Guest Mode, however. Chromecast does not require Wi-Fi when in Guest Mode. It connects to the internet using the Wi-Fi on your phone.
- Open Google Home.
- Choose your Samsung smart TV.
- In the top-left corner, tap the menu button.
- Tap on Enable guest mode.
- The TV will show a code.
- Tap “Cast screen” on your Android phone.
- Select Chromecast from the list of available devices. Enter the code from the TV.
- Once completed, your Android phone’s screen will be mirrored on the TV. Guest mode is active for 1 hour by default.
When To Use Chromecast
- As a temporary solution.
- Prefer to stream apps like Netflix, YouTube, or Spotify.
- Like a wireless solution.
How To Screen Mirror An Iphone/Ipad To A Samsung Smart Tv Without Wifi?
You can screen mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung Smart TV without using WiFi. It is possible through AirPlay peer-to-peer or Lightning connector technology. Instead of using Wi-Fi, these methods use different connections and technologies.
You can use peer-to-peer AirPlay to screen mirror your iPhone/iPad to a Samsung Smart TV without Wi-Fi.
- Have AirPlay enabled on both devices.
- Keep both devices close to each other.
- The TV must support AirPlay.
- Temporary Hotspot.
- Open Control Center on your iPhone/iPad.
- Click Screen Mirroring.
- You will see smart TVs on the list.
- Click on the Samsung Smart TV name to connect.
- You will see your iPhone/iPad on your TV once connected.
Apple Lightning Connector/ Lighting to HDMI cable
- An Apple Lightning Connector/Lightning to HDMI cable.
- HDMI-compatible Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the Lightning end.
- Connect your HDMI cable to your Samsung Smart TV’s HDMI input.
- Go to your Samsung Smart TV’s input menu and select HDMI.
- Give permission from your Phone.
- Your iPhone/iPad screen should now be displayed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Apps To Mirror Phones To Samsung Smart Tv Without Wifi
There are many third-party apps available. Those apps enable screen mirroring from your phone to a Samsung Smart TV without Wi-Fi. These apps use different technologies. Like Bluetooth or direct device-to-device connection. Let’s find out which app you can use.
|AirScreen||Supports screen mirroring with high-quality video and audio. Supports various media formats.|
|AllCast||Mirror photos, videos, and music to Samsung Smart TV. Supports streaming from cloud storage.|
|Screen Stream Mirroring||Real-time screen mirroring with additional features like camera streaming and recording.|
|Cast to TV||Mirror local files, online videos, and web pages. Supports subtitles and video streaming formats.|
|BubbleUPnP||Stream and mirror photos, videos, and music to Samsung Smart TV. Supports DLNA and UPnP devices.|
|AirPlay||Mirror the entire screen or specific content from iPhone/iPad to TV.|
|Mirror for Samsung TV||Mirror iPhone/iPad screen to Samsung TV using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or HDMI cable.|
|LetsView||Stream and mirror iPhone/iPad screen wirelessly to Samsung TV.|
|Reflector||Mirror iPhone/iPad screen to Samsung TV with advanced mirroring features.|
|JustStream||Stream and mirror iPhone/iPad screen to Samsung TV using HDMI cable.|
Can Screen Mirroring Without The Internet?
Yes, screen mirroring works without an internet connection. It connects via Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, or cables. The easiest way to mirror your screen is with Wi-Fi Direct or physical cables. We are calling this easiest because it does not need any Wifi or Internet.
Many apps allow you to screen mirror without the internet. Some popular options include AirScreen and AllCast. These apps use a variety of protocols to mirror your screen. So you can find one that works with your device and TV. We have already discussed how you can use WiFi Direct and HDMI.
Troubleshooting Samsung Smart Tv Screen Mirroring Without Wifi
While screen mirroring your phone to a Samsung Smart TV without using Wi-Fi, you may encounter some challenges or issues that can affect the experience:
Without Wi-Fi, the screen mirroring range is typically limited to the proximity between your phone and the TV. Moving too far away from the TV may result in a strong or stable connection.
- Stay within proximity to the Samsung Smart TV.
- Minimize physical obstacles between your phone and the TV.
- Use a longer cable to extend the range of the connection.
The connection may be less stable compared to using Wi-Fi, especially if there are physical obstacles or interference between your phone and the TV. This can lead to intermittent disconnections or lag during screen mirroring.
- Keep your Samsung Smart TV and phone connected to the internet.
- Reduce the distance between your phone and TV.
- Avoid interference from other electronic devices.
- Restart both your phone and TV.
- Make sure both devices have the latest firmware.
Quality and Performance
Screen mirroring without Wi-Fi may result in reduced video quality or lower resolution, depending on the capabilities of the connection method used. The frame rate may be lower, and audio/video synchronization may be bad.
- Use a high-quality HDMI or USB cable for better quality and performance.
- Adjust the screen resolution settings.
- Close background apps on your phone to allocate more resources to screen mirroring.
- Keep your phone and TV closer together to improve the signal strength.
You may face limitations in cable length and flexibility if you use HDMI or USB.
- Make your HDMI or USB cable longer for more flexibility.
- Keep yourself and your phone close to the TV.
- Organise and hide cables with cable management solutions.
- Choose a cable with a suitable length for comfortable usage.
- For different setups, choose a durable, flexible cable.
Not all phones and TVs may support screen mirroring without Wi-Fi. It’s essential to check the compatibility of your specific phone model and TV before attempting to mirror the screen without Wi-Fi.
- Check compatibility between your phone and TV.
- Update your TV and phone software/firmware to ensure compatibility.
- Check out alternative screen mirroring methods or apps.
- Consider switching to a different device or method.
Screen mirroring without Wi-Fi may not be fully compatible or accessible for some features or apps on your phone. Some streaming services and content protected with digital rights management (DRM) may not be available for mirroring.
- Alternate apps or methods with broader compatibility.
- For enhanced functionality, consider wired connections.
- Use an app or content-specific settings to enable screen mirroring.
Using a cable connection for screen mirroring without Wi-Fi may drain your phone’s battery faster, especially if the phone is not charging simultaneously.
- Keep both your phone and TV adequately powered during screen mirroring.
- Charge your phone to prevent battery drain.
- Plug the TV into a stable outlet.
- Adjust screen brightness and power-saving settings on your phone.
- Monitor device temperature to prevent overheating.
To conclude, you can connect your phone to a Samsung Smart TV without using screen mirroring or Wi-Fi by using HDMI cables, USB connections, Wi-Fi Direct, Chromecast, and third-party apps. These options provide direct links and wireless streaming capabilities to share your phone’s content with a larger screen without WiFI.