Online games on PS4 are something out of the world. It is hard to ignore their craze among regular gamers. But playing on PS4 with a slow wifi connection is the worst thing that can happen to you. The gaming experience will follow with lagging and slow connection.
So, how to make wifi faster on PS4? The answer to the question is hidden in a few selected steps. You just follow the right guide and you will find how easily you can boost your wifi connection for ps4. The article will showcase three different methods that you can take into action.
Some gaming stations will work with the first process while others will demand the third option. So, it is always better to have a full step-by-step guided solution for the problem you are facing. Hover underneath and find out the techniques.
Table of Contents
How To Make WiFi Faster On PS4 – 3 Easy Techniques
Technique 1: DNS customization for faster wifi on PS4
DNS is the hosting server for your ps4 games. You can easily change the PS4 DNS codes for a faster internet connection. Most often, you will change the manual codes into CloudFlare’s DNS or Google’s DNS.
They are known to be the best DNS codes available apart from the manual DNS setting. But you should always stay careful about placing the right codes. Misplacement of code will surely end the internet connection altogether. Follow the steps down below and know how to get a better internet connection on ps4.
- Turn on PS4 and log In to your account
- Find out the setting option and click
- Scroll down to network setting and click
- Select your network (WIFI/LAN)
- Select the Custom option
- Select the automatic setting and you will find the DNS screen option
- Change the manual Primary DNS to 126.96.36.199 and the Secondary DNS will be 188.8.131.52 (from Cloudflare).
- If it does not work out. You can try google Primary DNS 184.108.40.206 and Secondary DNS 220.127.116.11
Most often the technique will work for you. In case it does not work out, you can always head for a new solution. More are shared underneath. Check below for a free DNS server.
Technique 2: Boost PS4 internet via port forwarding
PS4 uses different ports to respond to gaming signals. It is essential to keep these ports away from any other traffic for a better lag free gaming experience. Your answer to the question of how to make your internet faster on PS4 also sits in this setup.
You need to have a clear idea about the process of port forwarding. Once you do it properly, you will have better internet and dedicated lanes for the PS4. Follow the steps mentioned down below and you are going to have a great time with your PS4 afterward.
- Go to the setting and click the network option
- Enter to the Connection Status and you will find your PS4 IP address. (Note it)
- Next, log in to your router control panel and look for an option like Port Forwarding/Apps and Games/Virtual Servers (Every router setting is different)
- Select ‘Add a New Port Forwarding’ and Insert the IP address
- Each game has its own port for direction. You can just google the keyword ‘GAMES NAME port needed for forwarding’
- After that, the protocol should be set to both (TCP and UDP) and save the changes
- You have successfully completed the PS4 port forwarding
I hope you already have a secure and quick internet connection for your PS4. If not then don’t be panicked yet. We have one more method on how to improve wifi speed ps4. Check that out and you will have a solution on your side.
Technique 3: Troubleshooting the wifi connection and checking signal strength
Sometimes the problem of your internet connection is directly connected to your internet setting. We all assume that we are tech experts. But we often do terrible setting adjustments and that can be one of the reasons for this issue.
You can try to get back to the default of your internet setting just by troubleshooting the wifi network. Besides, you should make sure that you have a powerful router for far-reaching signals. Try to stay within the closest range of your wifi as possible. Check out the steps down below to troubleshoot your wifi.
- Head for the network setting and click on your wifi
- It will give you the option to forget the password or troubleshoot the setting
- Select the troubleshooting option and it will automatically start the process
- The process will automatically take the wifi network back to the default setting
Still, if you are asking the question how to boost PS4 internet speed then you should definitely call the internet service providers. Tell them to increase the Mbps or do adjustments for better connection at your devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a good connection speed for PS4?
Answer: PS4 is meant for gaming. Ping rate less than 50 is considered to be great. You should set a requirement of less than a 30 ping rate for professional gaming. In most cases, the download speed of 16 Mbps and the upload speed of 4 Mbps will do the work for you. But it is always better to have more when it comes to the best connection for PS4.
Is LAN cable faster than wifi PS4?
Answer: LAN internet connection is also known as the Ethernet cable internet connection. They are known for stability. Besides, the LAN cable PS4 connection is also better for latency in comparison to the wireless connection. You will definitely have a better gaming experience on PS4 with a LAN cable internet connection.
How to boost hotel wifi for ps4?
Answer: Hotel wifi is often slow and shared. It is hard to get the best out of them for PS4 gaming. But you can try some tricks for boosting the connection as much as you can. Have an external USB wireless adapter to increase the signal strength. You can try a VPN service too. It is true that VPNs often turn down the speed of the devices. But it is the quiet opposite when the internet connection is performing very badly.
I hope you already have the answer on how to make wifi faster on PS4. You should first try the DNS customization procedure and most often it will solve the internet connection problem for you. After that, port forwarding will be the next method on hand.
Troubleshooting and signal strength checking will be the last resource to try on. I am always happy to help you with tech needs. Let me know how else I can help you with your tech-related queries. Keep coming back shortly for more updates.