Table of Contents
The red light on your Blink Outdoor Camera is a useful feature that lets you know when your camera is on, when motion has been detected, and more. However, it may only be appropriate in some circumstances.
If your camera is positioned in an area where passersby might notice the blinking light, it could be distracting or even cause them to think of someone’s home. In some cases, this could lead them to break into your home while they believe no one is there.
When it comes to turning off the blinking red light on Blink outdoor camera, there are some ways to do this. This article will show you How To Turn Off Red Light On Blink Outdoor Camera. In any case, you must have the Blink Hub. The link to the Blink Hub is in the details.
Why Is The Red Blinking On Your Blink Camera?
The red light on your Blink Outdoor Camera is a status indicator. It tells you that the camera is functioning properly and can be used to monitor motion in the area. There are other reasons too.
This can be a cause of concern for many users because they don’t know what it means. In this article, we will discuss why the red light on your Blink camera is blinking and what you should do about it.
1. Internet Connection Unable for Blink
If your Blink camera is blinking red, this means that the internet connection is down. This can happen for a variety of reasons:
- Your wireless router might be experiencing issues, which can cause the camera to lose its connection.
- It could be due to poor Wi-Fi signal strength, incorrect login credentials, or an issue with the network hardware. To fix this problem
- You may have recently moved the camera or changed its location from where it was originally set up if this happens.
You’ll need to reconnect the Blink app on your phone with your new network settings in order for it to work again.
2. Motion Has Been SEEN by the Blink Camera.
The Blink camera is designed to detect any motion within its range, and when it does, it sends an alert to your smartphone or desktop computer. This feature allows you to stay informed about any activity around your property, even while you’re away from home.
The red blinking light on your Blink camera can be considered an indication of its working status. It tells you that everything is functioning correctly and actively monitoring the surroundings for any unusual activity.
But it can also be a bit annoying if you don’t want every little thing that moves while your camera is on (like pets) captured on video. Motion detection can be turned off by pressing down on the device.
Until it powers off completely and then back again until only lights appear around its edge; this will disable all motion sensing capabilities until you reenable them later through an app update or resetting your Blink device.
3. The camera has low batteries.
The red light on your Blink camera indicates that the battery level is low. When the battery level falls to a certain point, the device starts flashing red to notify you that it needs charging. The good news is that all you need to do to fix this issue is plug in your camera and charge it fully until the LED indicator turns solid green.
If you see a red blinking light on your Blink outdoor camera, it means that the battery is low. You can replace the batteries with a new set or check if they are not dead by following these steps:
- Remove the battery from its compartment and press down on it gently with your thumb. If there is no movement in the battery or if it moves very little.
Then this indicates that it has been drained completely and needs to be replaced with a new one (or two).
- If there is movement in your old batteries, but they still aren’t working properly, try cleaning off any dirt or debris around their terminals using cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol before replacing them into place again so they will work properly when put back into use later on.
4. Other Hardware Issues
If you have recently updated your Blink camera firmware or made any changes in its settings, then the red light might blink as an indication of something going wrong with those changes.
If you’re seeing a blinking red light on your Blink camera, it’s not because someone has broken into your home. Instead, it’s likely because of one of the following reasons:
- Your camera has been damaged or broken during shipping.
- The power cord was unplugged while the camera was on and then plugged back in before it finished booting up again. This will cause the red light to blink until you reset your device with its reset button or by pressing down on its power button for five seconds.
- You may have moved your Blink camera from its original location–and if so, don’t worry! If this happens within 30 days of purchase (or earlier if required by law), we’ll send out another free replacement unit at no additional cost.
Why Might You Want To Turn Off The Red Light On Your Blink Outdoor Camera?
The Blink Outdoor Camera is a popular choice for homeowners who want to keep an eye on their property. With its sleek design and easy installation, the camera is an excellent tool for deterring intruders. However, some users may find the red light on the camera to be bothersome or even distracting; here’s why
- It’s distracting. The flashing red light is enough to get anyone’s attention, but it can also be annoying if you’re trying to sleep or work in an office with lots of other people around.
- It’s a waste of energy! The blinking camera consumes electricity when it’s turned on and charging its battery, even when there are no motion events detected (and thus no lights).
This means that if you leave your blink camera on all night long without any motion detection taking place, then you’ll still be wasting precious energy even though nothing has been happening in front of the lens.
- It costs money too! If left running 24/7/365 over several years, then this could add up quickly, especially since most homeowners only use their cameras during certain times throughout their day/year (e.,g., at night when someone comes home late).
Steps to turn off the red light on a Blink outdoor camera
If you’re looking for ways to turn off the red light on your Blink outdoor camera, look no further than these simple steps.
Step 1: Open the Blink app on your mobile device.
Step 2: Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select “Settings.”
Step 3: Tap “Device Settings,” then choose ‘LED’ from the list of options that appears on your screen after you tap ‘LED.’
If you have more than one camera connected to your app, use these steps again for each additional camera that has a red light blinking.
Step 2: Select the camera for which you want to turn off the red light
The second step is to select the camera for which you want to turn off the red light. To do so, tap on Camera Settings in the top left corner of your app and then choose your Blink camera from the list of available cameras that appears.
Tap on Red Light Mode at the bottom of the screen (see image below). This will open up a toggle button for turning off or on red light mode for this specific camera.
Step 3: Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “Camera Settings.”
- Toggle off the “Camera LED” option.
Step 4: Scroll down and select “Camera Settings”
To turn off the red light on a Blink outdoor camera:
- Scroll down and select “Camera Settings.”
- Select the camera for which you want to turn off the red light
Step 5: Toggle off the “Camera LED” option
Now that you know how to turn off the red light on your Blink outdoor camera, it’s important to remember this step.
It’s easy to forget, but if you do forget and leave the red light on for too long (more than a few hours), then it will drain your battery.
Other Things To Keep In Mind When Turning Off The Red Light On Your Blink Outdoor Camera
To disable the red light on your Blink Outdoor Camera, follow these steps:
- Open the app on your phone and select “Settings” from the navigation menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap “Motion Alerts” in order to access your settings for motion detection and alert times (if applicable).
- In this section of settings, you will see a toggle button next to “Red Light On/Off?” If you want to turn off this feature entirely (not just dimming it), click this button so that it turns white instead of blue or green; if not, leave things as they are by leaving this option alone.
How do I know if my red light is turned off on the blink outdoor camera?
To check if your Blink Outdoor Camera’s red light is turned off, start by opening up the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet. Once logged in, select the camera you want to check and look for an eye icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
If this icon is blue, it means that your camera is currently streaming live video and its red recording light should also be illuminated.
How do I know if my Blink outdoor camera is working properly?
Firstly, check the LED light on the front of the camera. If it’s solid green, then this means that the camera has detected motion and is recording.
If it’s blinking green, then this means that the camera is currently syncing with your home network or updating firmware. If there’s no light at all, then this could indicate a power issue.
Secondly, you can check if your Blink outdoor camera is working properly by using the live view feature in the Blink app.
How can I make sure that my Blink outdoor camera is not interfering with other devices?
Firstly, it’s essential to place your camera in an area where there are no obstructions between the device and your router or Wi-Fi network. Walls, trees, or even other electronic devices can interfere with the signal strength of your Blink Outdoor camera and impact its ability to function optimally.
Secondly, ensure that you have updated the firmware on both your router and the Blink Outdoor Camera for optimal performance.
Additionally, try placing any wireless devices, such as smartphones and tablets, away from your outdoor camera during recording or live monitoring sessions.
We hope this article has helped you understand why the red light is blinking on your Blink outdoor camera, as well as how to turn it off. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please reach out to our support team.
You May Like To Read Also: