Setting up a Wyze camera can be a daunting task for many people. But with the help of this guide, you will be able to easily change the Wi-Fi settings on your Wyze camera. We will walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to change the Wi-Fi settings on your Wyze camera and get it connected to your home network. With this guide, you will be able to take full advantage of all the features that come with using a Wyze camera.
Open The Wyze App And Tap On The Menu in The Top-left Corner.
If necessary, you may have to change the Wi-Fi network to which your Wyze camera is connected:
- Open the Wyze app and tap on the menu in the top-left corner.
- Select your camera from the list of devices and tap on the gear icon to access the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Wi-Fi Network”.
From here, you can select a new network and enter the password. Once you’ve made your changes, tap “Done” in the top-right corner. The new Wi-Fi network will now be accessible to your camera.
Tap on the “Settings” icon
One of the most popular features of WyzeCam is the ability to change your camera’s Wi-Fi settings directly from the Wyze app. Here’s how:
- Ensure that your WyzeCam is powered on and connected to the internet.
- Next, open the Wyze app and tap on the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, select WyzeCam from the list of devices. Then, tap on Change Wi-Fi network.
- Select your new Wi-Fi network from the list and enter the password on the following screen.
Once you’ve done that, tap on Save Changes. You will now be able to access your Wyze Camera via your new Wi-Fi network.
Scroll Down and Tap on “Network Settings.”
Network Settings can be found by scrolling down and tapping the “Network Settings” tab. From there, you can change your Wi-Fi settings and how your camera connects to the internet.
Select the “Change Wi-Fi” option to change your Wi-Fi settings and enter the new network information.
If you need to connect to a different Wi-Fi network, select the “Forget This Network” option and enter the new network information. You can also change how your camera connects to the internet by choosing the “Connection Type” option.
Choose between “Cellular” or “Wi-Fi” to connect your camera to the internet. Selecting “Cellular” will allow you to use your camera without an active internet connection but will incur data charges from your cellular provider.
Choose “Wi-Fi” if you have an active internet connection and do not want to incur data charges.
Tap On Change Wi-Fi And Enter Your New Wi-Fi Information
If you need to update your Wi-Fi information, tap on Change Wi-Fi in the Settings app. From there, you’ll be able to enter your new Wi-Fi password.
You can access the internet, and all your apps once connected to the new network.
If you have any trouble connecting, ensure that you’re within range of the router and that the network is active.
You may also need to reboot your device or reset your network settings. Updating your Wi-Fi information is a quick and easy process that only takes a few minutes.
How To Change Your Wi-Fi Password On Wyze Camera
Changing your Wyze Camera’s Wi-Fi password is a quick and easy way to increase the security of your home network. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Wyze app on your mobile device, tap the gear icon in the top-right corner
- Select “Network & Wi-Fi,” tap the camera you want to modify
- Select “Change Password,” enter your new password
- And tap “Save.”
By changing your password regularly, you can help to ensure that your home network remains secure.
Tap On The “Connect” Button To Save The Changes
When you change the Wi-Fi network your Wyze camera is connected to, you need to tap on the “Connect” button for the changes to save.
This is because the camera needs to be able to reconnect to the new network to function correctly. If you do not tap the “Connect” button, the changes will not be saved, and the camera will remain connected to the old network.
Therefore, it is essential to remember to tap on the “Connect” button when changing the Wi-Fi network so that your Wyze camera is connected.
Wyze Camera Wi-Fi Tips and Tricks
The Wyze Camera is a great way to keep an eye on your home or office when you’re not there. Here are a few tips and tricks to get the most out of your Wyze Camera.
- First, ensure that the camera’s location is within range of your Wi-Fi router. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck with a lot of lag time or no connection.
- Second, take advantage of the camera’s scheduling feature to turn the camera on and off automatically. As a result, you can save battery life and ensure that the camera only records when you want.
- Finally, use Wyze Cam’s motion and sound detection alerts to stay informed about your home or office activity even when you’re not there.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your Wyze Camera is always up and running when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Do I Do If My Wyze Camera Won’t Connect To My New Wi-fi Network?
If your Wyze Camera doesn’t connect to your new Wi-Fi network, there are a few things you can try.
First, ensure that the camera is within range of the router and that there are no obstructions between them. If the signal is strong and there are no obstructions, try restarting the camera and the router.
If that doesn’t work, reset the camera to factory settings and try connecting it to the Wi-Fi network again. If you’re still having trouble, contact Wyze customer support for help.
What Are Some Common Reasons My Wyze Camera Won’t Connect?
There are a few common reasons why your Wyze Camera may not be connecting.
- First, ensure the Wyze Cam is within range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Second, check for any obstructions between the Wyze Cam and the router, such as walls or furniture.
- Third, try restarting both the Wyze Cam and the router.
- Finally, make sure that you are using the correct Wi-Fi password.
If you still can’t connect, contact Wyze Support for help.
Does a Wyze Camera Work Without Wi-Fi?
Wyze Cam can function without an internet connection. However, without Wi-Fi, the camera cannot send push notifications or record footage.
To use Wyze Cam without Wi-Fi, you must connect the camera to a power source and insert a microSD card. The camera will then be able to record footage and store it on the microSD card. To view the footage, you must remove the microSD card and insert it into a computer or other device.
While Wyze Cam can function without Wi-Fi, it is essential to note that the camera will not be able to take advantage of all of its features. For example, you will not be able to view live footage or use two-way audio without an internet connection. As a result, Wi-Fi is still required for the whole Wyze Cam experience.
The Wyze Camera makes it easy to keep an eye on the things in your home. If you’re having trouble connecting to your Wyze Camera, don’t worry. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to change Wi-Fi on Wyze Camera, so you are always connected to the internet.
You May Like To Read Also: