You have probably heard of the new smart devices in the market. One of them is the ADT doorbell camera that you can use to secure your house while you are away. ADT is one of the best security companies in the world; they offer top-of-the-line security devices that can literally protect your entire home. The ADT doorbell camera is no exception to this either.
This camera can be the difference between a good home security system and a great one. It can be placed just about anywhere you have a door and will alert you to visitors at all times of the day.
You can reset an ADT doorbell camera in a few quick steps. This is helpful if you need help with your ADT doorbell camera or if you need to remember your password. You can also reset your ADT doorbell camera if it becomes disconnected from the wireless network or if there was a power outage that caused it to restart. You can use the same steps to reset any other ADT home security device.
Table of Contents
Reasons To Reset An ADT Doorbell Camera
There are a few reasons you might want to reset your ADT doorbell camera. You may be having trouble with the camera and need to start fresh, or you may want to sell your home and need to remove all traces of your ADT system. Whatever the reason, resetting the camera is a pretty simple process.
To reset your ADT doorbell camera, start by unplugging the camera from the power source. Then, use a paperclip or other small object to press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds. The camera will then restart and be reset to its factory settings.
If you’re having trouble with your camera, resetting it can often fix the problem. If you’re selling your home, you’ll want to remove all traces of your ADT system so the new owners can’t access your personal information. Either way, resetting your ADT doorbell camera is a quick and easy process.
Steps To Reset ADT Doorbell Camera
If you have an ADT doorbell camera, you can use the following steps to reset it:
Step 1: Remove The Faceplate
To begin, you need to remove the faceplate.
The first step is to find where your doorbell is located and then remove the faceplate. There are two ways that you can do this: use a flathead screwdriver or pry it off with your hands.
Step 2: Press And Hold The Reset Button
Now that the doorbell camera is in its factory default state, you can reconnect it to your ADT Pulse app.
To do this:
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. The LED light on top of your doorbell camera will turn purple and then off when it’s successfully reset.
- Release the reset button and wait for about 30 seconds before proceeding with Step 3 below (connecting your device back to ADT Pulse)
Step 3: Wait For The Led Light To Turn Off
The next step is to wait for the LED light to turn off. If it does not turn off, repeat the process and try again. If you still need help getting your doorbell camera to work, contact ADT customer service.
Step 4: Release The Reset Button
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button.
- Wait for the LED light to turn off, and then reconnect your doorbell camera to your ADT Pulse app by following these instructions: http://help.ADT.com/support/article/?k=t&id=A00005.
Step 5: Wait For The Doorbell Camera To Restart
After you’ve completed steps 4 and 5, wait for the doorbell camera to restart. If this does not solve your problem, try resetting the device again and see if it works.
Step 6: Reconnect The Doorbell Camera To Your ADT Pulse App
If you’re still having trouble, try manually reconnecting the doorbell camera. Here’s how:
- From your device’s home screen or app drawer, open the ADT Pulse app. If prompted for a username (the email address associated with your account), enter it. If not, tap Sign In at the top-right corner of your screen and enter it there instead.
- Select Devices from under Settings in order to access all connected devices on your network (this can also be done via an icon in the upper-right corner).
- Tap on “Smart Home” from this menu if needed; then select Doorbell Camera from within Smart Home so that only those devices appear onscreen now rather than every single one of them–they’ll be listed by name along with some other useful information such as location info.
What Are Some Other Ways To Reset A ADT Doorbell Camera?
If you are having trouble resetting your ADT doorbell camera, there are a few other things you can try.
- First, make sure that the camera is plugged in and receiving power.
- Next, check the ADT app to see if there are any updates available for the doorbell camera. If there are, update the app and try resetting the camera again.
- Finally, if none of these things work, you can always reset the camera by pressing and holding the reset button for 30 seconds.
If you’re having trouble with your doorbell camera, there are a few things to check:
- Make sure it’s plugged in. If the power cord isn’t connected, the camera won’t work.
- Make sure it’s connected to the network. If your internet connection goes down or is spotty at home, there’s a chance that even though it may be working correctly on other devices (like computers).
Connecting with the app could cause issues with registration or other functions within your account settings page as well as between devices like phones and tablets used by family members.
Who also have access privileges set up under ADT Pulse accounts that were created after initial installation was complete (which is why we recommend setting up new accounts before installing).
- Re-registering might help if registration failed the first time around because someone else registered using an invalid email address before yours was created.
This sometimes happens if people think they’ve been given separate code numbers when really only one has been shared out among everyone involved in setting up their own accounts later on! Just try again.”
You’re at the right place for ADT doorbell troubleshooting. Here you can find solutions for the most common problems with your doorbell. If you’re having issues with your doorbell, try the solutions below.
We hope this article helped you figure out how to reset your ADT doorbell camera. If you are having issues with your doorbell camera If you have any questions or concerns about your system, don’t hesitate to get in touch with them at help@ADT.com or call 1-800-ADT-ASAP (1-800-2372727) for assistance.
You May Like TO Read Also: